• Hi,

My brother bought me a copy of AAE for Christmas, so I’m new to the game.  We have argued over the Submerging Sub rule.  My take is that a defending sub can only submerge after it has been attacked.  If it survives then it may submerge instead of returning fire.  He seems to think that a sub has the choice to stand and fight, or submerge.  This all came about after an American fleet (2 destroyers and a Battleship) attacked a single U-boat.
    I have quoted many of the other threads on the submerging rule, be my brother insists that none of the previous explanations are clear!

Please someone spell it out for me.  Does the defending sub have the option to stand and fight or submerge, before being attacked?

Wargames Butterfly.

• :-) To assist you in injuring deceased equines:

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=ah/faqs/axiseurope

When attacked, can submarines submerge immediately or do they have to survive one round of fire from attackers?
    They have to withstand at least one round of fire. Otherwise they would be practically indestructable.

Hope that helps. :-) If the official FAQ doesn’t do it I don’t know what will.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m