• Medol of Honor, Airborne, any one play it? It’s realy fun and perty realistic, I love how you get to paradrop any were you want…though that sometimes is bad if you miscalculate. One time I was trying to land in this one feild, looked safe, but when I got there I was killed by an MG42 before I even got out my gun.  :x

• does this require previous MOH games to be installed to play?

How many multi player maps does it have?

Also is it like COD2?

lastly, do they have smoke grenades?

• Were do I start  :lol:

What do you mean by do you have to have other MOH games intalled? This ones for the PS3, I don’t know about PC.

I don’t know how many multiplayer maps there are, I just got the game a few days ago, still working on the story mode. I’ll let you know when I get the PS3 hooked up online.

Somewhat like COD2. You play in Sicly, S Italy, Normandy, Holland, NW Germany, and one other one…havent beaten the game.  You start out being able to choose the guns you go out with, primary, secondary, and colt 45 by default. Another thing, as you go, you unlock differnt modds to your gun with more kills. Ex: MP40, 1st upgrade, dule mags=faster reload, 2nd, 64rd mags, 3rd, knife, when you malee someone, killes em in one shot.  :evil: Or G43, 20rd mags, scope, and then a riffle gernade launcher. Even grenades get upgrades with a larger blast and damage ratius. Another realy neat idea that they have, is for snipers. In COD2, the sites are perty steady right, no hasling with breath control. Well here, in the left hand side of the screen, theres a bar, with 2 halfs of a crosshair on it. When you slowly squeese (not pull) on the PS3 R2 button (which feels like an actual trigger) the 2 halfs slowly come down/up to meet eachother, the closer those halfs are together without fireing, the steadyer your sites are. Almost like controling you breath and movment…very very realistic.

Sadly, they do not have smokes.  :cry: Besides the marking of a “green safe area” in each level to let you know thats were health, ammo, and no germans are.

• I’ll have to give this one a shot.  I liked MOH, especially Frontline and whatever it was called on PC, and Rising Sun was pretty good on the PS2 because you could set up bots in a multiplayer match and do the campaign in coop.  But once Call of Duty came out, I changed my allegiance.  This sounds pretty good, though.

• Oh yea… forgot… you can download for free the multyplayer version of F.E.A.R from sierra. I think its ok for free.  It was like 2006 best shooter

• Can anybody give a quick rundown/sort out of what is what and how many there are with all these WWII games? Always around this time of year I start eying the latest and greatest video game consoles. Any help with these various WWII games would be appreciated if anyone is inclined to share.  :-)

• @frimmel:

Can anybody give a quick rundown/sort out of what is what and how many there are with all these WWII games? Always around this time of year I start eying the latest and greatest video game consoles. Any help with these various WWII games would be appreciated if anyone is inclined to share.  :-)

So…are you looking to buy a console to get some recommended games, or just games for what you already own?  Maybe we should start a thread…

I’d also like to hear what you’ve enjoyed to get an idea of what might be down your alley.  Glad to share.  :)

• @Jermofoot:

So…are you looking to buy a console to get some recommended games, or just games for what you already own?  Maybe we should start a thread…

I’d also like to hear what you’ve enjoyed to get an idea of what might be down your alley.  Glad to share.  :)

I have PS1 games and a console that I think has seen its last days. I plugged it in before Christmas and couldn’t get it to recognize the game disc. I’m leaning towards a PS2, if I take the plunge, so as not to void my game library and because it is price range acceptable at $125ish.

The Tomb Raider Anniversary game has great appeal to me. It is on PS2 and the Wii. My buddy got a Wii for Christmas and it has a pretty serious “neat” factor. Neat enough to keep it out of the “too much money” for the PS3 and Xbox 360.

I have really liked the Tomb Raider games, I have all the PS1 versions. I tend to like most of the exploration type games.

The Call of Duty, Medal of Honor series have caught my attention and I was curious for the take of folks who might be drawn in more because it is set in WWII than because it is the latest and greatest video game.

• Go ahead and get a PS2.  Your PS1 games will look a bit better, and you open yourself up to a new system for games that development is still going on (although limited) and plenty of budget games available.

The Wii is definitely more affordable than the other 2 new systems, but it has a very specific role.  The neat factor will fade sooner or later.  It’s main focus is family/kids games and party games.  There isn’t much as far as “adult” games go, but it’s getting better.  I know of plenty of people that were enthralled with the system when it came out, had plenty of fun in the beginning, and now have sold it for one of the other consoles, or it sits idle most of the time.

MOH series is pretty solid, but I’ve always felt that Call of Duty has usurped the WW2 FPS throne.  Be aware, though, that COD is a completely different game on the consoles compared to PC.  Actually, it can very even more than that.  COD 1 - 3 on PS2 are not at all like the games of the same name on the PC, but some of them might be the same between Xbox and PC.  The PS2 ones are still fun and good for a console, but IMO, aren’t as good as the PC.

COD is definitely a great WW2 game, and a great FPS in general.  The recent addition of the fourth installment has taken it out of WW2, but it is dynamite.

• Thanks for the advice. I did some more poking around and for what I’m looking for the PS2 is probably the way to go.

I’ve decided to set the whole matter aside for a couple of weeks to see if the “want a new toy for Christmas” thing wears off or if I really do have the itch.

Thanks again for all the help.  :-)

• now my turn to but in  :lol:
    i got a few questions. my wife and i like to play games together on the PS2, i am a huge MoH fan and we both liked Rising sun (except for some reason the 2nd to last lvl can’t be beat in co opp as you hit a wall and can’t pass it), any way i want to know if there are any other co opp WWII FPS’s out there for PS2 with out going on line?

@Jermofoot:

Rising Sun was pretty good on the PS2 because you could set up bots in a multiplayer match

how did you do this? could you set up the bots as the Germans/US and both players play the same side?

last i am looking to in the near future upgrade to the PS3, is the Airborn game co opp in the story mode?

• It’s buitifull!..spelling…ok?  :?

PS3 is a very good investment, there was something in the news about online for the 360 being over flowed, some people can’t play now, but still having to pay $60 a year for it…PS3 is free online play.  :evil:

I just beat it last night, the last level was Der Flaktrum(The Flaktower) hard,but I got her done.  8-) It says that I still need to upgrade a C96…86 mouser, a german handgun, but I can’t find any of them anywere.  :cry: Online is perty cool too, you have to slowly upgrade your guns with global points too.

IL, you were asking about online maps? Well, there perty musch the same as the mission maps, but downsized. Trenches of D-Day, bombed out Nijmagen, scicilian town, archioligy site/ruins in S Italy, a german factery, and I think the flaktower too, not sure.

• I just bought MOH airborne and im loading it up. Of course this is PC based.

• OMG what a piece… The game is totally jagged, your guy gets stuck in all sorts of nooks and crannys and his movement is not smooth, plus the recoil of the thompson makes it totally inaccurate. Once i got paradropped on the very top of a tree.

The map are large but they usually got alot of fluff thats useless. COD2 is a million times better than this junk.

• What!? MOH Airborne right…hmm…

Mabye it’s because it’s the PC version, I’ve tryed to get stuck in a tree 15 times just for fun and I couldn’t do it. By the way tree, what level was that in, the first one doesn’t have trees, it’s in a town. And I’ve only gotten stuck in a nook and crany once, (jumped over some rubble and got in a pothole). The movement for mine seems realy smooth. I don’t have a whole lot of probloms with a large recoil from the thompson either, I think it’s because it’s for the PC, mines for the PS3, mabye they made the PC version crapy or something.

What about the graphics, are they horible, PS3 seems to be perty realistic.

RRGGG!!! I burnt my pizzza!!  :x

• I got stuck about 6 times while playing some map with a small village behind a beach concrete bunker. its supposed to be some kind of backdoor air drop to seize the bunker and kill nazis before they can effect the normandy landings. The sight for the thompson is way to large and it just sprays all over the place. Also i cant throw a nade hardly far at all.

I think NOH airborne was a PS3 import to PC.

I only like games that originally were PC and THEN made to a console platform.

• @Pervavita:

now my turn to but in  :lol:
    i got a few questions. my wife and i like to play games together on the PS2, i am a huge MoH fan and we both liked Rising sun (except for some reason the 2nd to last lvl can’t be beat in co opp as you hit a wall and can’t pass it), any way i want to know if there are any other co opp WWII FPS’s out there for PS2 with out going on line?

MOH Frontline might have it, but I don’t remember.  Take a look at the Call of Duties for PS2…I can’t remember them having coop, but they were amusing enough for single player.  The only one I know for sure is Rising Sun.

@Jermofoot:

Rising Sun was pretty good on the PS2 because you could set up bots in a multiplayer match

how did you do this? could you set up the bots as the Germans/US and both players play the same side?

last i am looking to in the near future upgrade to the PS3, is the Airborn game co opp in the story mode?

Yeah, I’m pretty sure you and your wife could play on the same side.  You could even do 2 vs. 6 bots.
    Go into multiplayer and start a match.  You have to add players in, and make them computer controlled, and choose a character for difficulty (they have ratings).  I can’t remember exactly how to set it up, but I know it’s possible.

Airborne does not appear to be coop.  But many games on the Xbox 360 have coop that I’ve played, and you might want to try it.

• thx, co opp is one of the big things i look for in a game as other wise i don’t get much play time so the game becomes a wast of money.
    i will look into it for the bots, thx.

• @Imperious:

I got stuck about 6 times while playing some map with a small village behind a beach concrete bunker. its supposed to be some kind of backdoor air drop to seize the bunker and kill nazis before they can effect the normandy landings. The sight for the thompson is way to large and it just sprays all over the place. Also i cant throw a nade hardly far at all.

I think NOH airborne was a PS3 import to PC.

I only like games that originally were PC and THEN made to a console platform.

oh, sorry then. Yea theres a normandy level called  “OP. Neptune”, but none of that happens for the PS3.

I know what you mean, it seems like games that are originaly on the game system, turn out horible on the PC.  :cry:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m