• OHHHH!! Man, this game is awsome! It blows Halo 3 out of the water, although it’s not about WWII like the other COD, it’s twice as good as them. It’s in the futre, were the situation in the mideast gets out of control, a commi terorist gets control in saudi arabia, and dreams of the revive of the USSR, in his way though, is the SAS and USMC.

• I got it the first day. I don’t like that you cant run with the gun while your aiming it. The guy moves too slow, so freaking snippers have a field day.

I like COD2 much better I kick ass in that. always #1-3 in scoring. I use smoke and hunt down snippers with my sprayer ( either MP40/MP44/ or Thompson)

Love to shoot into smoke  with machine guns so nobody can kill me.

• 2007 AAR League

Yeah I got it the other day, very impressed with the single player gameplay, haven’t tried it online yet but.

• Online is crazy! I play at a friends house, hes a 2nd leutenit (spelling!) The best thing about the game is the fact that you can shoot through walls. Ex: there was this on egame were they liked to hide in a hall way, so I went over there with a SAW, and raked the whole outside wall, killing all of them…  :roll:

• Single player is pretty good…mainly because the developers from COD 1 & 2 returned to produce the game.

Haven’t played multiplayer yet.

IL, what do you mean by run while scoped?  I don’t think any game has ever done that…

• in COD4 you cant run while aiming the gun. You need to chose run or aim. Additionally, to run you need to press a different key. Its not just the “W-A-S-Z” thing and i don’t like that because its too advantageous for long range rifles.

I am the type of player who likes “the sprayers” as far as weapons

• Though I wouldn’t enjoy being sniped constanly, I have no problem with having to stop or slow down to get a good shot off. I’m tried of people leaping and jumping up and down the street killing as they go.

• @Imperious:

in COD4 you cant run while aiming the gun. You need to chose run or aim. Additionally, to run you need to press a different key. Its not just the “W-A-S-Z” thing and i don’t like that because its too advantageous for long range rifles.

I am the type of player who likes “the sprayers” as far as weapons

I’m sorry I don’t recall…but when you say aim, do you mean iron sights, or do you mean it tucks the gun away so you can’t even fire?

• He tucks it away so you cant get a shot off.

I like the “bunny Hop” and prone and shooting while laying down intermittently while reloading. Sort of the dance of death thing.

• …well thats stupid, the tucking the gun away part.

• You have a gun, the point is to NOT have to run.  :mrgreen:

• no i run to get into the action, but when it happens i am stuck with peeps who are camping and i am at a disadvantage because i have to waste time with pushing a new key to make my guy get ready to aim. That second means death in many situations…especially with ambush and guys with prepared positions aiming at people entering the area. I just hate that.

• @Imperious:

no i run to get into the action, but when it happens i am stuck with peeps who are camping and i am at a disadvantage because i have to waste time with pushing a new key to make my guy get ready to aim. That second means death in many situations…especially with ambush and guys with prepared positions aiming at people entering the area. I just hate that.

So it works just like in real life.

Prepared = advantage

But think about it this way…all of those other players have to do the same thing, so it’s fair.

I do think you should be able to fire while running, but not have hardly any accuracy whatsoever.  If you want that, don’t play COD.  Team Fortress 2 might be a good change for you.  :-D

• no ill just play COD2 and SOF2 and keep kicking ass and proving that sprayers and better than snipers.

nearly 90% of shooters allow aiming while moving forward at even a brisk walk. IN COD2 your like Godzilla moving very slow (too slow while walking) Thats like watching paint dry IMO because i want to get in the action within 15-20 sec after spawn…especially in CTF mode ( which im not sure COD4 even has).

If you go on COD forums many will post similar griefs from that game.

and in real like people can shoot while running from position to position…In real like you move much faster than in COD4 unless your loaded down with 300 pounds of equipment or your over 80 years old.

• In real life people can shoot while running, but no very accurately. FPS do a poor job of reflecting this.

I agree with Jermofoot that “dug in” players should have the advantage over the bunny hopping spray and praying machine gun using quakers.

• I’ve learned that all too well from BF2. Ex: Karkand, we try and take the defended MEC city and we only acomplish that by sending waves after waves of men to over run them. Spaying and praying dosn’t work when the other guy is dug in.

• Been playing a fair amount of multiplayer recently…both on 360 and PC.  I prefer the PC version (like FPS on a mouse and keyboard more), but the 360 is well done too.

Kinda funny, I was rocking and rolling the first couple days I played, and then it was like I was a newb again.

Anyway, if anyone is still playing, I’d be down to find a game (PC version preferred).

• Oh yeah, what kits do you guys use?

I’ve enjoyed the LMGs, mostly, but starting to get into silenced/UAV jammer/assault rifle combo.

• I play online all the time, but I have it for the PS3. How many times have you done Prestige yet? I’m on my 3rd one. Have you goten any Red Tiger Stripes unlocked yet? The kits I usualy us are:

silenced/desert P90/gold Desert Eagle/ x3 frag/max damage/deep penitration for CQB

Red Tiger M4/Red Dot/gold desert eagle/ RPG/ jugernuat/ deep penitration for all around

Red Tiger Draganuv/ gold desert eagle/ claymore/ max damage/iron lungs for sniper kit…my fav, I get head shots all over the place with it

Otherwise I’ll use a G3(ACOG), M16(ACOG), or the AK-47 and 74s with no attachments.

• When I play on 360, I’m at my brother’s, and they’ve done prestige mode about 4 times in the past month or so.  They’ve unlocked everything that I know of, with very few challenges ever left to complete.  But then they reset and start all over.  I usually don’t mess with the camo on a gun because I think it’s kinda dumb and worthless.

Max damage - you mean stopping power?  Most of the time I take whatever weapon and I want and use stopping power and deep penetration.  DP on a P90 seems a waste to me…you’d probably be better with hip shot accuracy.

3x frags is what I would take every time, if I had it.  But usually it’s 3x stun or RPG, and occasionally claymores or bandolier.

I love the sound of the silenced p90, it’s awesome.

But usually my kit is stealth or outright power.  I really like the M16, SAW, M60 (red dot preferred), G36c.  I like to screw around with the Ak-74, mini-uzi and shotguns sometimes though.

Never really liked the ACOG, most of the time don’t need it.  And I rarely snipe.  I find it to be way off sometimes, but that’s probably because I hardly ever use the rifles.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m