Rules of Global War- non 1939 varient
a.Cap fighters return
b.Tech rolls may be purchased
e. Non Combat move
f. Cap fighters may move
g. collect $
end of turn
Capitol Cities- = to IPC total +5
Non Capitol Cities- Equal to IPC value of Territory, ie. Western Europe=6 IPC,= 6 units can be produced max
Railways- Inf. + Arty. may move 2 spaces instead of 1 during their Noncombat move. A unit must start on the Railway to gain benifit from it. Any newly captured section of road may be used the same turn that it was captured.
Unit values and costs, same as revised.
Tanks defend on 3
fighter cost 10
Country Specific rules
*China- may only produce Infantry. If China's Fighter is lost, China may not rebuild it.
May build 1 tank every 3rd turn
*US- If China loses it's Fighter, the US may replace it during his or her (US's) mobilize new unit phase.
Navel Bases work the same way they do in AAP
Air Bases Same as AAP
Convoy boxes, Work the same as AAE
Combat Air Patrol- AAP
Strategic Raiding- Max $ amount able to take is = to territory $ value. Fighters in the defending zone may attempt to intercept Bombers. The Def. fighters hit on a 2 or less.Intercepting fighters May not defend against any land attacks made this turn, Escorting fighters may not make any other attacks this turn.
The bombers may have escorts that can try to defend the bombers, the Escorts hit on a 2 or less. The combat only lasts 1 round, any surviving bombers may perform their raid. The defending AA shoots before the air combat takes place.
Set up: this is assuming you have AAR, AAP, AAE, BoB, D-Day, + Original game
Germany- AAR, BoB-germans
United kindom- AAR,AAP, If you have both games you will have just enough Destroyers to set up. I use AAR pieces for European theatre and the Darker AAP pieces for the Pacific Theatre
United States- AAR, AAP
China- Use US pieces from Original, (Different shade of green) otherwise US pieces will do.
Japan- AAP, mine are red
Italy- AAR Japan- it's the best choice and only really, mine are orangeish yellow
US- AAR, AAE, AAP, BoB, or D-Day will do, there all green
Russia- AAR or AAE, AAR for boats and AAE for rest.
Neutrals- D-Day British Pieces, Mine are white
As far as National Advantages and Techs, we have tried Different Ideas but this seems to work the Best for Us.
1. Non Aggression Treaty- AAR- Except instead of 4 inf. Place 6 instead.
2. Soviet Winter AAR
3. Guards Tank Brigades- Tanks defending in Moscow, Stalingrad, and Lenin Grad Defend on 4
4. Salvage- AAR
5. Lend Lease- Any Allied Units within a space(or ships Next too) containing Russian Complex, other then Infantry may be transfered to Russian pieces during his or her(Russia) Units placement Phase.
6.Mobile Industry- AAR
1. Common Wealth Troops- You may Place 1 free Infantry(does not count against Build limit) in any UK space containing a Ind. Complex during Mobilize new units
2. Q- Ships- Any UK Transport or Fleet that contains a UK Transport, That is attacked by a submarine or a Fleet with Submarines may be declared a Q-Ship. Transport declared as not a Q-Ship Defend Normally.
Q-Ships Defend on a 2 but can only hit Subs.
3. Joint Strike AAR
4. Mid East Oil-AAR - (will put in territories when map is done.)
5. Collonial Garrison-AAR
6. French Resistance- AAR, same rule apply's but too 3 territories, Vichy France, Western France, France
1. Marines- AAR
2. Mechanized Inf. AAR
3. Flying Fortresses Your Bombers May Defend Against Enemy interceptors they hit on a 1
4. Liberty Ships- Transports cost $1 less
5. Island Bases- Any Island Owned by the US and that does not already have an Airbase, Treat as if it did. Apply's to US player only.
6. Fast Carriers- AAR.
1. U-Boat Program- Subs cost 6 IPC's
2. Atlantik Wall- AAR,--- Not AfriKa
3. Panzer Blitz- AAR
4. Wolf Packs- AAR
5. Luftwaffe Dive Bombers- AAR----As Bomber Escorts, this is Useful now
6. Fortress Europe- AAR
1. Tokyo Express- AAR
2. Kamikaze's- Costs 5, has an Attack range of 1, Non Combat of 4, Attacks on a 2, Defends at 0. May declare any ship as a target. Kamikaze is a prilimanary Bombardment weapon and is removed as a casualty in the opening fire step.
3. Kaiten Torpedo's- AAR, except the sub does not have to be adjacent to a friendly territory or island
4. Dug In Defenders- AAR this includes Japan itself.
5. Banzai Attacks- AAR
6. Lightning Assaults- AAR
1. Marina Regina- Addition navel units added to set up
We use a 10 tech tree for this map, so you'll need at least 1 D10
I'm sure you'll have already seen most of these before:
1.Jet Fighters AAR (except may not land on carriers)
4.Long range Aircraft-AAR
7.Armoured Flight Deck- Your Carriers can now support Jet Fighters
8. Heavy Bombers-AAR
9. Longe range Artillery- Defending Artillery Get a Preliminary Bombardment at 1. Artillery Adjacent to a territory that is being attacked by you may "soften the target" For every land unit particapating in the Attack, 1 Artillery may support from an adjacent territory, This is also a Preliminary Bombardment. This is to prevent from 1 Infantry Attacking and 30 Arty's Shelling, since only 1 Infantry attacked, only 1 Arty can Support. There is no International supporting each other. ie US inf supported by LRA from UK.
*exception- Joint strike*
10- Industrial Tech- Roll a D6.
1-2 Land units are $1 Cheaper
3-4 Sea Units are $1 Cheaper- BB is $2 less
5-6 Air Units are $1CheaperBe Patient, More to come with Full map release