• I just about one of these sweet handhelds (my first game system of the type), and it’s the best $130 I could have spent.

Anyone else have one?
    Recommend any games?

• Strategy games: Advance Wars DS, Age of Empires (I played both) and soon will coming Panzer Tactics and Advance Wars: Days of Ruin. A pity that Europa Universalis II was canceled  :cry:

Another stragegy games, but I didn’t play them: Sim City, Anno 1714 …

And for a DBZ fan as me, DBZ Goku Densetsu. A RPG game with strange card sistem, but you can revive DBZ history from Raditz to Cell (even the dreaded Serpent Way)  :-D Beware of Freezer Special Forces. They are hard as a rock.

• I prefer the PSP over DS for a portable system…

• @Funcioneta:

Strategy games: Advance Wars DS, Age of Empires (I played both) and soon will coming Panzer Tactics and Advance Wars: Days of Ruin. A pity that Europa Universalis II was canceled  :cry:

Another stragegy games, but I didn’t play them: Sim City, Anno 1714 …

And for a DBZ fan as me, DBZ Goku Densetsu. A RPG game with strange card sistem, but you can revive DBZ history from Raditz to Cell (even the dreaded Serpent Way)  :-D Beware of Freezer Special Forces. They are hard as a rock.

I’ve actually got Advance Wars and Age of Empires.  Good suggestions!

I think I’ll be getting one of the Castlevanias and Contra 4 as my action titles.

• '19 Moderator

Is advance wars rts?  I asume AoE is.  Any Turn Based?  I just got my Kids each a DS and I may have to pick up a couple games since I expect to have to take them away regularly  :evil:

• @dezrtfish:

Is advance wars rts?  I asume AoE is.  Any Turn Based?  I just got my Kids each a DS and I may have to pick up a couple games since I expect to have to take them away regularly  :evil:

Advance wars is turn based, as is AoE (surprise, surprise!).  They pretty much operate the same.  Each round you get to move, attack,and buy units (or build as well in AoE).  They have units from the AoE games, so if you know those, you know what units counter what.
    Advance wars is a bit more cartoony, but has a higher variety and number of units.  Both are good purchases.

Not many RTS yet, because it’s a little harder on the DS.  I know Final Fantasy 12 Revenant Wings is, and it’s supposed to be good.

Don’t forget that some of the games you would need only one copy to play on both for multiplayer stuff.  Do your research because some require each to have a copy.

Also, there is a store locator on the nintendo website that tells you where you can go near you to download demos directly on the DS.

• '19 Moderator

LOL, after I posed this I read that AoE was turn based, I’m not sure how that can be the same game but I might pick it up out of curiosity now.

Thanks for the info

• @dezrtfish:

LOL, after I posed this I read that AoE was turn based, I’m not sure how that can be the same game but I might pick it up out of curiosity now.

Thanks for the info

Well, it’s related, but still fun.  I recommend it either way.

• I bought Panzer Tactics the other day and it is an awesome game!

I’m sure it’s toned down from the rest of the Panzer series, but it is still a complex, full-featured game for a handheld.  For you WW2 fans, it is worth getting a DS just to play this game.

• Good game, but lacks a non-linear campaign. A pity Japan and China are not in the game…

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m