• 2007 AAR League

So, since im a sucker for pain i think it would be interesting to see what people has to say about my gameplay.

So im basically asking all and anyone who has an opinion on how i play the game to give me some feedback. (you can bash me if you have won  :evil: )

basically i wonder the following:

1*Witch side do you think im strongest with?

2*Whats my greatest weakness?

3*Greatest asset?

4*What style of player am I (defensive/agressive/passive etc etc)?

5*Additional free form review

So Fire away  :evil:  :wink:

Will be interesting to see what u guys think all are welcome to comment, preferably u guys who have either played me or looked throe the games I have played.

• 2007 AAR League

#1 Biggest Weakness - You’re swedish :wink:

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

I would, but I can’t remember if we ever played a game!

• I’d say your quite aggressive, based on your play in the tournament.  Your game against Switch, from what I saw, was a lucky win for you.  Any one of those attacks on his German fleets could have gone badly for you, in which case the outcome would have been very different.  From the title match, I will say the attack on EI was just a bad attack – poor odds and little long-term benefit.  If you counter Egypt UK1, then you might as well support your efforts in Africa rather than splitting your forces between Germany and Japan.  Another thing that made no sense for me was your purchase of TWO aircraft carriers for Britain.  Big waste of money IMO.  One AC alone is of debatable value to UK, at least in that game.  Two just cost you 4-5 land units.  Note how thin the UK was in units in that game – that was no coincidence.  (That did not lose the game for you, but it didn’t help.)

Overall, aggressive play can work – Switch is a very aggressive, and quite successful, player.  I’ve won playing very aggressively at times.  I suggest, if you want to stay aggressive, study the games of the more aggressive (and successful) players and see what they do differently.  Or, better yet, play them yourself.  That’s the best way to improve your play. :-)

• I love Ender’s quote, it artfully shows us that to learn, we must face better enemies ‘;…;’

There is no teacher but the enemy. No one but the enemy will ever tell you what the enemy is going to do. No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you where he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you.

• Nix is overall an aggressive player, especially early with the Axis (you kind of have to be).

One of his trademark moves is the UK1 attack on FIC.  He usually does pretty well with it.

The problem is that early on he will be aggressive, and then have insufficient forces available to follow up with.  Early gains that put units very far forward and vulnerable to counter-attack with no chance to counter-counter is generally a bad idea.  Of course if you do not counter effectively, those early gains do accumulate some nice Axis income which will play havoc with Allied strats.  :roll:

He also is known for pulling things out of his posterior…  some totally unexpected move in the mid-game to shake things up (especially if he feels he is behind in the game).

Playing Nix is never dull.  And if you are a player that is used to a “traditional” game and have trouble being flexible with your own overall battle plans and strategies, then Nix is going to give you a hell of a run for your money!

• 2007 AAR League

I rate you fairly highly Nix, you were my 2v2 Tourney after all and if it wasn’t for my blunder in the Title match, we might have had a chance of actually taking the Championship. You make some ballsy moves that pay off most of the time were as with others it dosen;t most of the time.
    Look out everyone in next years 2v2 Touney :evil:

• In order to rate ur gameplay, i neeeed pix.

Gimme teh pix0rz.

also any hawt sisters u got.

I’d play you a game of TripleA and rate u, but I’m already neglecting the three challenges I’m SUPPOSED to be playin.  I think downloading an executable to work would be a bit much, and I don’t have much time at home  :cry:

dun forget teh pix

• @newpaintbrush:

In order to rate ur gameplay, i neeeed pix.

Gimme teh pix0rz.

also any hawt sisters u got.

I’d play you a game of TripleA and rate u, but I’m already neglecting the three challenges I’m SUPPOSED to be playin.  I think downloading an executable to work would be a bit much, and I don’t have much time at home  :cry:

dun forget teh pix

Not to mention our second game that you ran away from like a poodle with its tail between its legs . . . :-D

• 2007 AAR League

Nix, on a scale from 1 to 10 you rate 17.65 fish sticks. (guess what I had for dinner tonight)

I think Gamer said it best. Currently, you’re a bit too much naked agression, not enough battlefield vision. If you want to move beyond the ~60% win rate, you’re going to have to rely a little less on favorable dice in risky battles. Not that what you’re doing right now doesn’t work, it’s just that when the dice don’t fall right, you’ll be putting yourself into a much tougher place to have to fight back from.

• 2007 AAR League

Good reading so far, i think you all have valid points on my short commings.

And I will try to improve that :)

• hawt naked aggression.

hawt.  :-D

• 2007 AAR League

I would say your weakness is that you fight battles that you are statistically supposed to lose badly
    am I remembering right… you attack Switch’s BB and tRN with 1 FTR 1 Bomber?
    your strength is that you win those battles more than I would. In fact, you win those battles more than I win battles I should win 90% of the time.
    am I remembering right… you won that battle?

another strength is that you always mix it up and try new and daring things. You also dont get discouraged at all and keep fighting to the end. And you are always fair and respectful, and a great sport.

• I have to agree.

That is one of the best things about Nix (and one of the things lacking in me).  He is a heck of a sport, and is a gentlemen always.

• 2007 AAR League

To save my attack on bb, trn (sitch) i pressent the following resuklt from frood)

Attacker results:

4.86% 2: 1 Fig, 1 Bom.     no units. : 0 IPCs
      19.12% 1:     1 Bom.       1 Fig. : 10 IPCs
      76.02% 0: no units.   1 Fig, 1 Bom. : 25 IPCs
    Defender results:
    Probability % # units / losses
      25.72% 2: 1 Tra, 1 Bat.     no units. : 0 IPCs
      32.04% 1: 1 Bat. 1 Tra. : 8 IPCs
      42.24% 0: no units.     1 Tra, 1 Bat. : 32 IPCs

My goal was to kill the trn, everything else was a bonus. So i had a 74% probability to do that or better.

Then it´s of course a matter of opinion if it´s a smart trade or not.

Presuming it’s the transport in the Med and the only one there, it might be a good attack.  Depends on the situation. :P

• 2007 AAR League

i personally think it is SUCH a good move that any opponents I play should TOTALLY do it!

@mateooo:

i personally think it is SUCH a good move that any opponents I play should TOTALLY do it!

If that’s good, then buying 2 more on Russia 2 would be AWESOME!  Especially if Russia 3 is a bomber purchase (by then you should be under 20 IPC in income anyway with those two purchases for rounds 1 and 2. :P  )

• 2007 AAR League

I do understand your view on it then :)

But as i said, it´s up to individual judgment if it´s a good trade or not, i would say it can be quite good, since germany gets in a difficult position regarding africa if the trn is lost.

But my main point was that this isn´t an attack that succeds 1 of 10 tries, it´s and attack that fulfill the goal 7 out of 10.

Overly aggressive? yes perhaps.

And i know my overly aggressive stance is something I will be working at in the future thanx for your input so far, looking forward for more  :)

• 2007 AAR League

well, it helps to know my mentality to understand my opinion on this.

I seriously expect bad outcomes with every battle I roll. Not like average results, or below average results. I expect and prepare for that worst 15% or less outcome you see waaaay on the bottom of the frood estimates. So I never fight battles that I dont have a 80+% chance of winning. In fact, most of my battles are probably >95% chance to win. Its why I get SOOO pissed off when I lose a battle, because I when I do lose, its a <5% chance of happening.
    Ive even given up 70% chances to take UK, because I know if I go for it, I will roll that 30% chance to lose. Seriously… go ask Gamer! he knows how bad my luck is. thats why he is such a good partner. He rolls like a leprecaun on crack.

So the reason why I would never go for the BB and TRN with 1 FTR and 1 BOM, is because I would lose with 2 FTR and 1 BOM, or 3 FTR… so I could NEVER win with 1 FTR and 1 BOM.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m