• I am playing a game of Enhanced, and I am Germany.

After a disastrous battle in SZ 30, UK is limited to North Atlantic operations. His Atlantic fleet is in SZ 3 with 1 AC, 1 BB, 2 TRN and 2 Jet Fighters.

I am expecting a Russian sub block in SZ 5, but I can still hit the British fleet with 5 FIGS, 1 BOM and 2 SUBS….

I am set for at least two rounds against Russia, have taken Egypt, and America is two turns away from reorienting to aid Britain should the UK Navy suddenly cease to exist before UK2.

So hit the Brits with planes and subs…or not? And what is your reasoning?  :-)

• @Aretaku:

I am playing a game of Enhanced, and I am Germany.

After a disastrous battle in SZ 30, UK is limited to North Atlantic operations. His Atlantic fleet is in SZ 3 with 1 AC, 1 BB, 2 TRN and 2 Jet Fighters.

I am expecting a Russian sub block in SZ 5, but I can still hit the British fleet with 5 FIGS, 1 BOM and 2 SUBS….

I am set for at least two rounds against Russia, have taken Egypt, and America is two turns away from reorienting to aid Britain should the UK Navy suddenly cease to exist before UK2.

So hit the Brits with planes and subs…or not? And what is your reasoning?  :-)

Does Germany need her fighters else where for offense or defense?
    If not, I’d take a shot at it.

You could add wolfpack as an NA (if it’s G2) and go in with 7 threes and 1 four.
    You’d be going against 2 ones, 1 two, 1 four and 2 fives.

Germany should get 4 hits, Allies get 4 (give them the good roll)
    What do the allies lose?  BB damage, 2 tpts… a/c?  Ftr?

you’d still have 3 ftrs and a bomber on BB (damage) and 2 jet ftr, this is worse case.
    Allies could get only 3 hits… letting you trade 2 subs and 1 ftr for 2 tpts and a/c.

I’d take that trade as Germany.

I think you have to go through one round of the battle and see how many hits each side gets, then decide if you want to continue or not.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m