Orange Box (Team Fortress 2/Portal)

• I know Half Life Episode 2 comes with it as well, but I see it as being more of the same.  The main part of that game I did play and complete, but none of the additions.  Pretty standard, but I’m sure worth the time to play.

However, Team Fortress 2 I’ve been waiting for nearly a decade.  I recall when it was supposed to come out the summer after I graduated high school ('99), a time when I was playing Team Fortress Classic like crazy.  One of my favorite games ever.

So now it’s hear and gone through quite a few changes from TFC, and what was originally shown for TF2.  But it’s still beta.  It’s loads of fun, however, and really emphasizes team play.  Old maps have been redone in the cartoony style of today, and each class has its own personality and loads of humor.

Portal is also a great game. Pretty short, I’m only about an hour into it and am almost done (with the exception of some bonus stuff they released).  The object of the game is to use primarily (you can run & jump too, but rely on it less) a portal gun - that shoots a blue and orange portal that you can go in and out of - to complete various puzzles.  You really have to exercise your mind to get through some of these, but it’s a fun time.  And you can fool around with it, like put a portal on the floor, and one directly on the ceiling, and fall perpetually.  Or, put one on the wall in front of you, and another directly behind you, and chase your self infinitely.

Here are some videos.

TF2:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynrF2es08ds

Portal:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=if3Qv2tHyfA

• I have the orange box.  Perhaps the greatest collection of games you can ever get man.  Team Fortress 2 alone is worth the 50 bucks.  Portal and HL2: ep 2 simply pwn.  If you dont have it, get it now!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m