• Hello everyone… Brand new to the boards but been a A&A fan for a long long time. I picked up AABB last night and played it… Way differant than any other AA games… Ok I been reading the QA and other post on here but still have a couple of questions…

1. When I put new units for the off board onto the board I know a tank can move to the front lines… but do i need to pay a supply token for that???  are any movement behind the front lines cost a supply token??

2. during movment… when i move a tank into a new hex i won during the combat, can a truck move in and drop off tokens??

3. If i have units on the front line, and there is a empty hex infront of my units when can i move them in?

4. can someone please explain paying a token to activate a unit… how does that work? when do you pay it? and for what?

Thank you

• @C_ME_GO:

Hello everyone… Brand new to the boards but been a A&A fan for a long long time. I picked up AABB last night and played it… Way differant than any other AA games… Ok I been reading the QA and other post on here but still have a couple of questions…

And I have some answers :-)

1. When I put new units for the off board onto the board I know a tank can move to the front lines… but do i need to pay a supply token for that???  are any movement behind the front lines cost a supply token??

You do not need to pay tokens to move units from the reinforcement charts (offboard) onto the board unless you want a Tank to make blitz move. If you want a offboard tank to blitz (move one more hex after it would normally have to stop) you must pay one offboard supply token.

All movement of onboard units (except retreating during combat) must be paid for by using a supply token. You take one of your onboard tokens and flip it over into the hex with units you want to move. All units in that hex will be able to move during the movement step. If you want tanks in a hex to make a blitz move (move one more hex after they would normally have to stop) you will have to pay an additional token (two total) to that hex.

2. during movment… when i move a tank into a new hex i won during the combat, can a truck move in and drop off tokens??

Yes it can.

3. If i have units on the front line, and there is a empty hex infront of my units when can i move them in?

You may move units in during the movement step or the reinforcement step. The only movement that happens during the combat step is of units that have been forced to retreat.

4. can someone please explain paying a token to activate a unit… how does that work? when do you pay it? and for what?

First off some of this is part of my answer to question 1.

During combat phase. Whenever you want to attack from a hex you must flip over a supply token from that hex or from a hex adjacent to that hex. If you want units in that hex to attack more than one hex you will need a supply for each hex you wish to attack. One token allows all units to attack one hex. Two tokens allows some units to attack one hex and some units to attack another and so on. Paying the token is “activating” the hex.
    **During Movement phase.**To move units during the movement phase except trucks and supplies you must “activate” their hex which is to flip over a supply from the hex the units are in or from a hex adjacent to them. Once a token  is paid your tanks may move and your artillery and infantry may march or your artillery and infantry may hitch a ride on a truck. Units on the board can only be moved if their hex has been activated for movement.

During Reinforcement phase Off board units do not need “activated” for movement.

Trucks that are not returned to the offboard area at the start of the movement phase are free to move whether or not their hex has been activated. This mostly happens to trucks that are still in an enemy ZOC. They can move off the front line to be returned to the offboard area in the next turn.

I hope that helps. If you need any other help ask away. :-)

• Ok I understand 90% of what you told me… but still one thing is not getting throw my head…

So during the reinforcement stage, I place my reinforcements units from the off board onto the edge of the board. Can my new units i just place on the board move again? If not on my next around how do the units still on the edge move to the front.

So can any tanks on the board do a blitz? or only ones off board?

• @C_ME_GO:

Ok I understand 90% of what you told me… but still one thing is not getting throw my head…

I’m going to start with the easier question first.

So can any tanks on the board do a blitz? or only ones off board?

All tanks can do a blitz move of one more hex after they would normally have to stop. Onboard tanks use onboard supplies. Offboard tanks use 1 offboard supply for their additional move.

So during the reinforcement stage, I place my reinforcements units from the off board onto the edge of the board. Can my new units i just place on the board move again? If not on my next around how do the units still on the edge move to the front.

Offboard units start at the edge of the board. Artillery and infantry that are not being brought on by a truck would be stopped in the hex they entered on.

If the units are being brought on by truck they may move with the truck along the road. When the trucks stop they unload all their units and supplies.

Your trucks may bring on reinforcements from offboard as well as stop and pick up onboard supplies and infantry and artillery (capacity permitting–total of 6 Artillery, Infantry or supply tokens) that have been “activated” for movement.

Supplies can only come onto the board by truck.

So for example take Liege. You would be able to place a unit from right off the Northern reinforcement chart into the city be it tank, artillery or infantry. A tank though would be able to start there and move along the road till stopped by entering enemy ZOC or running out of road. Likewise for a truck bringing on supplies, infantry or artillery. To put supplies in Liege would require a truck that would have to stop in Liege.

Managing your trucking is critical for both sides. More so for the Axis I think as they have fewer trucks and the front is continually getting further from the reinforcement edge of the board.

Hope that clears up the last 10% and welcome to the boards. :-)

• it helps alot… thanks for be patient with me…

ok  you said…

So for example take Liege. You would be able to place a unit from right off the Northern reinforcement chart into the city be it tank, artillery or infantry.
    A tank though would be able to start there and move along the road till stopped by entering enemy ZOC or running out of road…

so does that tank need a supply token to move thru those roads??..
    and my last question… Sorry to be such a peist… if a truck is in ZOC can it ever move out of it? and if it cant… and the ememy moves his or her units into my hex where my truck and supplies are… does those supplies and truck becomes his or hers??

• @C_ME_GO:

it helps alot… thanks for be patient with me…

ok  you said…

So for example take Liege. You would be able to place a unit from right off the Northern reinforcement chart into the city be it tank, artillery or infantry.
    A tank though would be able to start there and move along the road till stopped by entering enemy ZOC or running out of road…

so does that tank need a supply token to move thru those roads??..

Tanks can move any distance along roads as long as they don’t enter an enemy ZOC or are not leaving an enemy ZOC. This is both tanks that are onboard and have been activated and tanks that are entering from offboard on a road hex.

and my last question… Sorry to be such a peist… if a truck is in ZOC can it ever move out of it? and if it cant… and the ememy moves his or her units into my hex where my truck and supplies are… does those supplies and truck becomes his or hers??

If it is your turn to move and your truck is in enemy ZOC but not in an enemy occupied hex you may move the truck.

For example you are the Allies and you have a truck that at the beginning of the movement phase is in an Axis ZOC preventing it from being returned automatically to the offboard area. If the Axis move units into that hex (which it would only be able to do if the Allies had no Tanks, Infantry or artillery there) the Allies would not be able to move that truck, the Axis would take command of it and any supplies.

If for some reason they did not move into the truck’s hex the Allies would be able to move that truck and supplies without needing a supply token to do so. Also of course if you did have other units in the hex you would be able to move the truck and supplies without activating the hex. You would need to activate the hex to move any other units.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m