• Why do you play A&A or collect it if you’re not a playa? I got into it (or “getting” into it) mainly because I find small models interesting. I collect and play the WizKids Pirates miniatures because I like naval stuff (not the stuff you find in your navel) and when I saw War at Sea, I thought that was pretty cool. When I was younger my dad used to whoop me in the A&A boardgame, and as a former submariner, he got me into Naval strategies and units.

What about you?

• The Enterprise.  :-)

• I’m just a fan of the A&A games in general.  An old roommate of mine and a mutual buddy of ours were really into comics and Magic cards and whatnot.  They knew I was really into A&A, and had heard of the (then) new minis game coming out.  I decided I HAD to get it, and so I did.

• @colringbk:

Why do you play A&A or collect it if you’re not a playa? I got into it (or “getting” into it) mainly because I find small models interesting. I collect and play the WizKids Pirates miniatures because I like naval stuff (not the stuff you find in your navel) and when I saw War at Sea, I thought that was pretty cool. When I was younger my dad used to whoop me in the A&A boardgame, and as a former submariner, he got me into Naval strategies and units.

What about you?

I started out just creating the PBEM version of the minis game, but liked what I saw so much I picked up a whole bunch.  Thin on players here, but my kid will be old enough to play in a few years so I know I’ll get my moneys worth eventually  :-)

Mot

• '19 Moderator

I played Squad leader in college and lived it I always wished someone would come out with a similar version that used miniatures.

BAM! there it is, well kind of…

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m