• Sometimes the Allies perform a strategy which im not sure how to deal with.

Russia’s player is very skilled and manages to delay Japan as much as possible. He is also able to make it hard for Germany to advace as ideal.

U.S. and U.K. focus all their efforts on Germany. (huge effort that is)

What happens is that Germany usually gets too weak and I can’t advance Japan as fast as I would need to save it.

What I mean is: Japan has Asia coast, can put ICs on it and produce lots of units but Germany cant whithstand so much pressure.

I dont know what to do!

• Well, you could always drop down 3 ICs on the mainland (4 if you have India) and just start producing tanks galore.  Then you could possibly do a tank dash to Moscow and apply pressure to the big red machine!

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Turtle up.

Focus on Fighters and Infantry.  Hold E. Europe, Balkans, S. Europe, W. Europe and Germany at all costs.  Don’t trade with England and America unless you absolutely must, but trade with Russia. (This will drain Russia of resources, but drain you less.)

This should tie the Allies up for at least 10 rounds which, dice permitting, would allow Japan to build enough infantry and tanks to pound Russia.

If things start going badly, put your Japanese carriers in SZ 34 so you can transfer Japanese fighters to Berlin to defend against the allies.

• @Jennifer:

If things start going badly, put your Japanese carriers in SZ 34 so you can transfer Japanese fighters to Berlin to defend against the allies.

and for cutting Allied ( UK ) supplies in Africa

• Ah the dreaded Kill Germany First allied strategy.
    Hard to beat, unless Germany plays for it right off the start with massive infantry buys.

@Jennifer:

Turtle up.

Focus on Fighters and Infantry.  Hold E. Europe, Balkans, S. Europe, W. Europe and Germany at all costs.  Don’t trade with England and America unless you absolutely must, but trade with Russia. (This will drain Russia of resources, but drain you less.)

This should tie the Allies up for at least 10 rounds which, dice permitting, would allow Japan to build enough infantry and tanks to pound Russia.

This is good advice.  Not sure how easy it is for Germany to only attack Russian units once the UK starts a good chain’s worth of their own infantry….

@Jennifer:

More good advice.  Don’t forget fighters from sz34 can go to western or southern or eastern or balkans…

To be honest, I always pretend it’s a KGF game (kill germany first) and go heavy infantry anyway.  If it’s Kill Japan First, you can always switch over to tanks and FORCE the Allies into KGF mode, if you want.

But the odds are, you’ll be facing a kill Germany first, in which case, if you are building less then 8 infantry a round, you’re probably screwing something up.

And yes, once England and America get annoying in Europe, you’ll probably lose the ability to target Russian’s specifically.  It’s an unfortunate consequence.  However, the goal of attacking Russian units instead of the other units is two fold:

1)  You are denying Russia those units so they cannot later turn them back and use them to fight off the Japanese.
    2)  You are preserving your own units and only trading with a nation that earns less income then you.

• Make sure you sink as much of the British fleet as possible in the first turn. Make sure you make good use of your fleet to delay the ally landings. Place your fighters in Finland and France, so you can strike any British fleet being built. This is my advice.

And don’t forget to dance a jig if England goes to sink your Submarine in SZ 45 and your Transport in SZ 59.  They’re just throwing away half their navy for nothing!

If they compound that error with an attack on SZ 5 in UK 1, kiss your opponent.  No, it’s not gay.  I don’t care.  He just gave you the best gift ever.  Kill them submarines first and hope to knock all three of his planes out of the sky!  England is no neutered and will remain so for 3 turns!

• @Commander:

And don’t forget to dance a jig if England goes to sink your Submarine in SZ 45 and your Transport in SZ 59.  They’re just throwing away half their navy for nothing!

If they compound that error with an attack on SZ 5 in UK 1, kiss your opponent.  No, it’s not gay.  I don’t care.  He just gave you the best gift ever.  Kill them submarines first and hope to knock all three of his planes out of the sky!  England is no neutered and will remain so for 3 turns!

This is only valid if the allies are trying to run an optimal KGF.

KJF is totally different.

• @richylionheart:

Sometimes the Allies perform a strategy which im not sure how to deal with.

Russia’s player is very skilled and manages to delay Japan as much as possible. He is also able to make it hard for Germany to advace as ideal.

U.S. and U.K. focus all their efforts on Germany. (huge effort that is)

What happens is that Germany usually gets too weak and I can’t advance Japan as fast as I would need to save it.

What I mean is: Japan has Asia coast, can put ICs on it and produce lots of units but Germany cant whithstand so much pressure.

I dont know what to do!

You’re playing with bid I suppose?
    Axis should get 8-9 bid if allies are winning all the time.

How many rnds until Berlin falls?

@axis_roll:

@Commander:

@Commander:

To be honest, I always pretend it’s a KGF game (kill germany first) and go heavy infantry anyway.  If it’s Kill Japan First, you can always switch over to tanks and FORCE the Allies into KGF mode, if you want.

But the odds are, you’ll be facing a kill Germany first, in which case, if you are building less then 8 infantry a round, you’re probably screwing something up.

Missed that part, eh, axis_roll?

• If they compound that error with an attack on SZ 5 in UK 1, kiss your opponent.  No, it’s not gay.  I don’t care.  He just gave you the best gift ever.  Kill them submarines first and hope to knock all three of his planes out of the sky!  England is no neutered and will remain so for 3 turns!

Going by statistics indicates that you will be indeed praying to get all 3 aircraft. Actually, the odds go way down if UK retreat the last plane. It’s not statistically in Germany’s favor. Airless UK isn’t very weak - you depend primarily on fully loaded transports to take and hold territories, and Germany shouldn’t be stupid enough to be exposing any more than 1-2 infantry at a time.

• @Cmdr:

@axis_roll:

@Commander:

@Commander:

Missed that part, eh, axis_roll?

My goodness, you’re pulling a quote from 2 weeks ago up to prove a point?

You post so much in here, you can probably pull up a previous post that proves anything from SOMEWHERE in a forum here.  :roll: :roll: :?

:mrgreen:

Pulling from the same thread, Axis.  Not like I’m going to some defunct thread or even another thread entirely.

Trihero:  Odds, slim.  How many times have I seen it happen?  More times then not.

• Trihero:  Odds, slim.  How many times have I seen it happen?  More times then not.

There’s no need to act like I haven’t seen it a lot, either. I just try to evaluate moves based on higher principles on bad dice that I personally happen to see.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m