• situation is like this

Germany attacks  UK destroyer in East Med
    Germany attacks with 1 tra ( loaded with 1 inf, 1 art from Southern Europe ) and with 1 bat

in the first round of combat Germany doesnt score, and UK scores a hit

Germany retreats to Central Med

my question is
    can Germany now unload their units from the tra( 1 inf, 1 art ) to either Southern Europe, either Libya

• newver mind my answer

• No, they cannot.  The TRN already engaged in combat, and unless doing an amphib (a landing into Combat) a TRN may not engage in combat AND non-combat movement n the same turn (offloading to friendly territory is a non-combat move)

• @ncscswitch:

No, they cannot.  The TRN already engaged in combat, and unless doing an amphib (a landing into Combat) a TRN may not engage in combat AND non-combat movement n the same turn (offloading to friendly territory is a non-combat move)

but how can the tra( and 1 inf, 1 art together with it ) be ingaged in a combat i havend previously declared

i think its against the rules then

• The combat WAS declared… the loaded TRN entered a contested SZ (SZ15) in COMBAT MOVEMENT.  So, once the TRN entered a combat zone, it was restricted to COMBAT movement and COMBAT unloading.  You cannot retreat from the SZ15 combat and unload to Libya or Southern, since that would ahve the TRN moving in both combat and non-combat movement, which is an explicit rule violation.

• @ncscswitch:

The combat WAS declared… the loaded TRN entered a contested SZ (SZ15) in COMBAT MOVEMENT.  So, once the TRN entered a combat zone, it was restricted to COMBAT movement and COMBAT unloading.  You cannot retreat from the SZ15 combat and unload to Libya or Southern, since that would ahve the TRN moving in both combat and non-combat movement, which is an explicit rule violation.

but from what you said earlier before that i can offload the units only to combat

i meant you said i can retreat to Black Sea( assuming that my units came from there ) and attack Caucaus with that same tra that was in SZ 15

but i think it cant be done so it confused me

• 2007 AAR League

Think of it this way:
    Once you are retreating units out of combat, they may not perform any more action(s) that turn. Their only action is to move 1 step to an adjacent space (planes excepted).

• @Perry:

Think of it this way:
    Once you are retreating units out of combat, they may not perform any more action(s) that turn. Their only action is to move 1 step to an adjacent space (planes excepted).

thanks

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m