• Just checking to see if anyone has added more players and or countries to the game via home rules.

1.  Such as having separate Australian and Indian players for the British, and forcing them to decide how to use the 12 IPC from the convoy routes, making it a 4 player game.

2.  Making China a separate country and player, and giving him additional IPCs for the Himilayan “Hump” air route, and also for the fact that the US was supplying military aid from 1937 on to Chiang.

3.  Gradually increasing US IPCs to reflect the steady increase in military production from 1941 on, rather than freezing it at the level of 1941, as it done in the game.

4.  Simply awarding the US 75 IPC every turn to reflect increased US military production.  For those who might be interested, by 1944, the US was producing one-half of the WORLD’S military equipment.  At its peak, Japanese production was never more than 10% of the US.

• I like the first two ideas and I’ve tried stuff like that before but I think the US IPC value should be the same as it is now because if you think about it the we were fighting a two front war and we had a policy of Europe first so most of our focus was on the European theater. So I feel the current income for the US if anything should start out much lower the first couple turns or so and increase to 75 or (72 once the phillipines falls) but nothing really more than that because most of the focus was on Europe and supplying the allies.  So I feel the current value is more than generous and relatively accurate and gives the japanese some chance of winning.  But those rules sound pretty tight.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m