• A tactical WW2 game, apparently better than memoir 44.  Anyone play it yet?

• I got 3 copies of it… i plan on playing it at the end of the month. Id like to use the 3 copies to make a battle of the bulge mega game and having 3 German armies allows me to represent the 6th SS Panzer, The 5th and 7th army. I want to add some hero’s like col. Hesslers fictional character from Battle of the Bulge movie and have the movie playing in the backround.

• mind letting me know how the game itself plays?  how much you get it for?

• The game plays a little like Flames of War. So I’ve heard anyway.

It’s kind of like a lighter version of Squad leader. The game also has event cards that add a little twist to each senario.

It breaks down like this, sort of.

each side alternates moving 3 bases each time until there are on units left to move.
    each base has an attack and defense value whether thats 0 or 4 or whatever.
    Firepower is a certain amount of d6s. Like a mg42 is 4 dice. Each 5 of 6 scores a hit.
    The defender rolls their defence dice cancelling each hit against them with a 5 or 6.
    Terrian, armor and fortifications account for most defence, Although there are cards that may impact that as well.
    It’s pretty straight foward and fun.
    There are couple things I don’t like about it and that is the lack of anti-tank guns and machine gunners, if given opp fire, can shoot at every single unit thats moves provided it has line of sight.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m