UK counter to Japaneese Atlantic fleet.

• Just thought of this. Probably won’t work, but hear me out.

Japan has swung it’s fleet around to the Atlantic, its Turn3. Its the UK turn, and you can see Japan heading for South Africa next turn. What do you do?

Build an IC in Australia. Yes, I know, its crazy. But those 2 subs a turn could make Japan think twice about moving it’s navy away. There are 2 results that could come from this manuever.

1. Japan ignores the IC. Britain pumps out 4 subs and goes for the Japaneese transports (win situation)

2. Japan steers back toward Australia. Pretty good situation, you just bought the Atlantic fleets 2 or 3 turns. You might even take some stress off Russia, Japan might be forced to bring some transports down to Australia to oust them.

What do you guys think?

• Probably not that good of an idea. First of all that’s at least 3 turns before you have enough Subs to threaten the Japanese. Plus, at 47 IPCs, I’m sure there are a lot cheaper ways of doing this.

• Well, its not really ment as a physical counter. Its ment as a 15 IPC bluff toward Japan. If they call your bluff, you buy America time. If they don’t, you have the option to attack their transports.

• Well, as long as you keep America in the safety of the British net, it shouldn’t be much of a problem. But remember, USA, UK, and USSR have a pretty decent sized airforce in the Atlantic.

• Yeah, if the Japaneese fleet holds down by South Africa, and uses an IC to pump tanks and infantry into Africa, Its going to be hard to oust them.

• I say let them. That’s less manpower going to Russia.

• I like the idea, but it of course depends on the situation in russia: Can you afford not to put the 5 Brit Infs there.
    But still, a nice idea to buy time.

• Couldn’t the bomer be used from SE asia(forget name), maybe a fighter or two? though this would slow japan’s attack on russia. Japan could ignore UK and take SAfrica, then join up with any remaining German fleet. japan might wait to build a sub or two as you move to attack … or even build fiters it can use later to hit Russia.

• I’m not sure that would work very well.

• Well, I wouldn’t do this if (a) Luck went bad with Germany, money needs to be spend helping Russia/Africa or (b) There are actual German Naval units left alive.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m